Thursday, December 6, 2012

Some More Updates

Here is the update only a few days late. The light system I made worked fairly well, but the most notable design flaw is the connector between the servo and the light switch arm. The arm itself is made out of Legos, and the connector is a paperclip. There is enough stress on the paperclip that after a few runs, it would start to warp, and the lights would not turn on all the way. I had it set up in such a way that it would hit two light switches, but when the paperclip is bent, it will only turn on one. I am working on a solution to the problem so I will be able to activate both switches.

So, now for the stuff I forgot to mention in the last post. The first thing is that my crayon painting got an honorable mention at the state fair. Originally, I thought it did not get anything, but it did and everything I have put into the fair has gotten recognition of some sort.

I have also been looking into setting up a shop on Etsy. I love making art of all sorts, especially when it comes to wire and bead related projects. My idea is to turn that interest into something that can provide some money for other projects. I have seen loads of really amazing wire-wrapped jewelry and art all over Pinterest, and I figure that with some practice, I can eventually make pieces similar to those that are decent enough to sell. I also enjoy working with beads, and I have made several creatures over the years. I am thinking about making and selling those too. I think it would also be a good option for a job for the time being since I would be able to work on the stuff when it fits into my schedule rather than trying to mold my schedule to fit it. It will be exciting to see how that goes.

Just yesterday, I signed up for another Linux-related class at the community college. This time, it is on VMWare ESXI server management, and the exciting part is that the other classes I took are prerequisites for this one. I think that this experience with Linux and server management are extremely valuable in today's tech-centered world even if I get a job that is not directly related to being a sysadmin.

So, that concludes this post. I will definitely try to post more often than I have in the past, and I will continue figuring out the rest of my website.

Happy adventures!

-Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment